Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Thankful card

Sweet n Sassy Yahoo group challenge till Sept 25 is to use dark brown, dark yellow and light yellow. I don't like color challenges because I have a hard time finding the colors most time. I needed a thank you card and decided to do something out of my comfort zone. I wouldn't of thought of putting these colors together. The yellow polka dot paper is SU retired. The cream strip was shaped by scallop border punch. I then stamped a polka dot SU stamp on the border with Distress Ink Brushed Corduroy. The stamp is part of Thanksgiving Scripture set from Sweet n Sassy. The leaves were cut using a die for the big shot. I embossed the dark yellow, dark brown and yellow polka dot with Swiss Dots cuttlebug folder. The sketch is from Get Sketchy and the extra part of the challenge to create your own embellishments.

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning card.
    Thanks for joining us at GETSKETCHY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like lots of fun, and a great card came out of the deal!!!
    WOW, I really, really like this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful design to showcase this awesome scripture!! Wonderful work, Anita!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whatta great take on the sketch and the colors are wonderful! Thanks for playing with us over at Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is an amzing take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Supercard and great combi of colours!
    Thanks for joining us this week at GS.
    Lisette

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to see me. God Bless!