Sunday, December 28, 2008

Blog Candy for a Cause

Below is a post from Ellie who is asking for cards for a boy named Garrett. Go to her blog to see her cute card. After reading Ellie's post, than you can see the card I made.

Hello everyone!

Hope everyone is able to get some kind of rest can you believe this is the last Saturday in 2008 WHERE IN HEAVENS name did the year go?? I really think this has been the FASTEST year EVER. Well As you can see my title for this post is Blog Candy for a Cause. Well I am going to fill a 12.95 Priority Box FULL of goodies Stamps,papers you name it, its going to go to the winner... BUT I need a BIG favor from you guys as this is the reason why I am going to give away that box of yummy goodies. Remember I had talked about Garrett, I am blessed to be one of his Chemo Angels and I am honored to be able to send a card or a hello a gift just so he knows he has people thinking about him well last week he went back he actually was not feeling too good and they found out his Cancer is back and so he has been having Chemo this whole week as you can image how their Christmas was I have been on pins and needles trying to see any updates he really was sick because of the chemo the past 2 days (those were the last days of Chemo for now) Garrett has Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Right now they are trying to get all the Cancer out so they will be able to give him a Bone Marrow transp. and right now they are testing to find him donor as well.. So here is where this post comes in hand I want to be able to send him a box full of cards because he loves to receive cards and I know that will get his spirits up he is one of the sweetest 7 year old ever. So to be entered for the Blog Candy all I ask that you send me a card so I could mail it to him in one big box which I will also fill with other goodies for him.
So if you would like to donate a card and be entered for the goodie box please email me at ellie.augustin@hotmail.com

Oh and if you could PLEASE spread the word I would be forever in debt to you. I want him to open that box and just shine his beautiful smile as he sees all the cards made for him.

I want to send him this special box of love on the 20th of Janurary so please if you would be thankful.



This is the card I made that will be sent for Garrett. I used SU papers and Whimsy frog. For some reason, I couldn't get the frog in focus. This card was also made for Gina K's challenge today. The challenge was to have DP at an angle. The buttons are SU Bold Brights. I add Crystal Laquer to the top of the buttons to give them more shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to see me. God Bless!