Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Black Birthday Card & Box

This card is for a friends Birthday. I used last week's color challenge on Stamp TV for colors. I created the flower using a couple of Tim Holtz's Tags as inspiration. The base is White Grandee. The flower is framed by Onyx Mettallic and embosed with Cuttlebug Swiss Dots. The ribbon is Su White Satin that I colored using DI Black Soot. The tag is a Tim Holtz Fragment that is glued to
Plastic Touch Black. The saying is stamped on White Grandee.

Here is a close up of the flower so you can see the detail. The white is Sparkle Blanc that I first clear embossed dots using Dots Background from The Artistic Stamper. The black is the new fantastic Neenah Supersmooth Black. The best part of this paper is that you can embosse without having to use that static pillow. I used the Dots Background stamp. The flower shape was made using Flower Power from The Artistic Stamper. I used Silver embossing powder to outline the flowers. The skull is grungeboard. I first colored with DI Black Soot than added Distress Glaze.


The box was made using leftovers from the card.

3 comments:

  1. Your cards are fabulous and just love that flower and all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anita,
    I love that card. B& W are difficult to work with.
    BTW did u get the blog candy yet

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to see me. God Bless!